Monday, October 26, 2020

2020 MS 5000- wrap up

UPDATE
https://www.longhaulpaul.com/2020-ms5000-results/
thanks every one who help support my ride

Well, the 2020 5000 mile challenge to raise funds and awareness of Multiple Sclerosis, the MS5000. is complete.  Unlike prior years, getting the 5,000 mile part was work; when I signed up for it, I naively thought, well the postponed ButtLite X should be more than enough to cover that [I had roughly 9000 miles out, rally and back figured] plus the annual VOID rally for another 2 grand.

Yea, I was that stupid I guess.   I had to work this year- a lot.  Too hard.  But I did get it in, 5,031 miles in total.

Oddly, and for a first for me, the fund raising part was way smoother than in prior years.  As promised, Jean and I matched the first $1,000 donated [the ButtLite entry fee- it was already considered "spent" anyway let's put it to the best use possible].

 

To everyone who backed my ride, thank you.  This was a record year in more than one way for us.

Until next year, "enjoy the ride"




No comments:

Post a Comment