Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Day 3- 8 hour - Automobiles


Day 3- Automobiles.   Our rallypacks now include a toy car that has our rider number on them, hence explaining why rider numbers were a little odd.  Your car must appear in at least five photos.  I took the liberty of zip tying it right to my rally placard.  Now I have two things attached.....  No group photo this time, but the minimum was a racetrack, a car show and a vintage gas pump.  there were combos for each of them and i planned on doing two of them.  couldnt figure out the gas pump one and it was the least valuable.  Also, the car shows had specific photos that were to be taken; for once, being an old fart paid off since I know the difference between a hot rod, a classic and  a muscle car.





New item for today- checkered flags.  they must appear in all race track photos.
Even though it's a rally, we had a LeMans style start.  Once the green flag dropped, we had to go from our bikes to retrieve our helmet, placards and gloves then go back to our bikes in order to leave.
It was very silly but needed.

this bonus would be the last time I see fellow riders until the double car show much later in the day.

my newest Facebook cover



Address of where the car show was supposed to be

where the car show actually was.  The photo was to be of a white sports car; the car on the left is a Studebaker Avanti; arguably the US's only sports car until the C7 and C8 corvettes.



Now here's where the fun starts.  The following two locations are both on my planned route and have very similar ID codes [the last 4 digits are identical].  When i pulled up my next stop, the Model A bonus is adjacent to the BA gas station in "closest to where i am" order in my GPS despite being about 40 miles apart from each other.  I selected the car first by accident and as I was riding now north of the 401 and wondered why I was north of the 401 when I should be along the coast.  Instead of stopping and double checking, I ploughed on and upon arrival realized my mistake.
supposed to be on the return loop

where i was supposed to stop
Now the Double Car show- two different car shows in the same park.  One was a photo of a hot rod; the other was a photo of a late model tuner.  Several riders turned in muscle cars instead of a hot rod for no points.  when in doubt, ask.

Yup, that's a smart car with treads.
hot rod

tuners

There's a story behind this picture.  Just as I take this shot, I hear the rumble of a shitpot of Harleys on the parking lot.  I can see them slow roll up to the exit portal [just above my bike] as I run back.  Their right indicators are on- that's the exact direction I'm heading.  There is no way I'm getting behind like 100 of these buttholes.   I stuff my checkered flag and rally placard into my riding suit and I am out of there just as they start to make their turn.  Not today Harley, not today.


At this point, you should see the photo of a Model A if I hadnt mucked them up earlier.

Arriving at the finish line about 35 minutes early since there is nothing left to collect and the closest vintage gas pump, needed to fill out the combo, is over an hour round trip, I light my ceremonial cigar.  I'm done and I have another day's worth of points.


No comments:

Post a Comment