Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Day 2- 10 hour - Trains

Friday night brought Leg 2's bonus list- trains complete with a wooden whistle.  This whistle must be used in all bonus locations that require a train ride- there are several of them in the pack.  In fact, this leg minimum finisher's requirement is to have at least one locomotive, one train ride and one rail station.  After Friday's disaster, I was determined to establish a route that got me finisher's status BEFORE I got to the next group picture bonus at the Petersborough Zoo train- which counted as a ride and another 300 points if you rode it again.

 My plan was trimmed back from the lessons on Friday, when my 5 hour route to the Group Bonus took almost exactly 6 hours.  This time, i planned a 4.5 hour route to the Group Photo timed bonus.Starting time was determined by your boarding pass which were randomly issued just after the riders' meeting. I drew the earliest departure which didnt matter since the first bonus stop was another ghost hunter as the designated locomotive was gone.


Loco Gono Missingo

Big Apple caboose

that's a lot of pies



these two beauties sit adjacent to each other.  8510 required the bike in the photo

42 did not
I am now 90 minutes ahead of my expected arrival time;  guess i was too conservative.  Off to Timmies to figure out what to do for the next two hours before the train ride/ group photo in nearby Peterborough



waiting for our train ride.

this was harder than i thought it was going to be without stepping into a very busy street

not 500 feet away from the caboose is...




Got in early, had the minimum requirements, I finally have points.   Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment